Monday, January 31, 2011

Pawati


Deepak took the film crew to the site of a cave where the Buddha meditated.  Next to the cave is a big mound which is a stupa or multiple stupas, yet to be excavated. 

We all hiked up to the top of this mountain and Deepak explained the significance of the stupa, the Hindu shrine now in place, the black stone Buddha shrine, and the cave to us. 



Young boys sat on the rocky outcroppings and watched as the film crew worked.  I took some pictures of them.  Then I handed my camera to them and asked them to take pictures.  Most of them didn't know how to take a picture but one boy grabbed the camera and had fun shooting away.  I tried to tell him that his hand was in front of the lens, and we all had a good laugh at the resulting pictures!





Pawati is another Buddhist site that Deepak is trying to get recognized and preserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment