Friday, January 28, 2011

Cultural Program at NNM

On my first two evenings at Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM), I was invited to attend the cultural program each evening. The first night was traditional and modern music from the Assam region.  I only have one picture that I took of some young boys playing drums for the modern music.  They were accompanied by another boy on a keyboard. Despite my road weariness, I enjoyed the program very much and I was honored to have been seated in the front row next to Dr. Panth.


The second evening looked promising with dancers.  I was only able to see two or three dances, because I had to leave early due to a coughing spell and just not feeling well.  The dances and music were very peaceful and beautiful.
 

Young boy using his mobile to take a photo of the dancers.

19 January and 20 January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment