I've ridden the public bus three times now. The first time was on the way back from Rajgir. Deepak, Praval and I had joined the pilgrimage group hike to Vulture's Peak in Rajgir. The pilgrims, though, were staying the night in Rajgir, so the three of us walked to the bus stop and boarded a bus to Nalanda. Because it was late in the evening, there were plenty of seats and each of us got a seat. Deepak seated me next to the window. The bus had a tv with a Bollywood movie playing and most everyone stared at the TV.
I also rode the bus with Deepak-ji to the Nepura Village stop. When we got on the bus at Nalanda, it was very crowded and there was standing room only. I stood and held on for the short bus ride. On the way back, I was told to sit on a little bench seat behind the driver. When another lady also got on and headed back to stand in the aisle, I mentioned that there was room for her next to me. I squeezed myself and my bag as tightly as I could against the window so there was plenty of room for her. As I sat looking back at all of the other passengers, they also sat staring at me. The women around me asked me a question but I couldn't answer it. They were either asking where I had just come from or where I was going. I mumbled Nalanda and that was the end of the conversation.
Now that I know how to catch the bus to and from Nepura, I'll be able to take it by myself every Sunday and hopefully several times during the week, too.
What an amazing adventure Monica! Fantastic stories. What a rich life you have :)
ReplyDeleteBecause everything is brand new to me, everyday is an adventure!! :-)
ReplyDelete