Monday, July 12, 2010

My Daily Schedule 12 July 2010

2:00 am - I wake up to do lesson planning for my English classes

4:00 am - I sit and meditate

5:00 am - I wash myself, wash my clothes, and get dressed

6:30 am – tea and biscuits are served

7:00 or 7:30 am - I finish lesson planning or I read from “The Questions of King Milinda”

8:30 am - I have breakfast of eggs, chipati, and vegetables

9:00 am - I get ready to walk to my morning English class

9:30 am to 10:30 am - I teach my morning English class

10:30 am to 11:30 am - I work on lesson plans or read or nap.

12:00 to 1:00 pm - I teach a pronunciation class with the English masters degree-level (non-monk)students

1:00 to 2:00 pm – nap or write a blog

2:00 to 3:00 pm - I teach my afternoon English class

3:00 to 4:30 pm - I take a walk the length of the campus

4:30 pm - I leave to go to evening class at the Chinese Buddhist temple

5:00 to 6:00 pm - I teach my evening English class

6:00 to 7:00 pm - I can talk with the head monk or go back to guest house

7:30 pm - I prepare for bed and maybe take a nap. I hate to turn on the A/C because it is loud and noisy. The monks sit out front on the grass because it is too hot in their rooms. So I try not to turn on the A/C unless I absolutely have to. Therefore, this is another time of the day where I just melt and it is best to nap or just go to sleep.

8:30 pm – Sometimes I talk on the phone to my friends in America

9:00+ pm - I try to read or I go to sleep. It's hard to read at night because of the bugs being attracted to the light. If I turn the A/C on then I close all the windows and can usually turn on the lights. Most of the time there is a cool breeze and so I really dislike turning on the A/C.

I still have to fit in some time to go out to the elementary school down the road plus see some of the sites around this area!!




No comments:

Post a Comment