Sunday, August 4, 2013

Delhi Zoo


I went to the Delhi zoo with a couple of cute 3 ½ year old twins, their mother and their uncle. Buying tickets was a hassle with all of the separate lines and such a pain to have foreigner windows. They wanted me to go into the zoo after I purchased my ticket, but I waved my hand "no" at the gate keeper saying I’d go in with “my family.”  This is a sure way of turning foreigners off of a tourist site.  Why would I want to be separated from the people that I’m with???

This zoo is a huge 176 acres!  I was thankful that I bought tickets for us to ride the trolley (50 rupees per adult and kids under 5 free). It was a hot summer afternoon and we never would have made it walking around the entire place. The trolley drove us around the whole park stopping at key sites where we could get off and see the animals.







"Mama (uncle), I see the giraffe!" 


Hathi हाथी
(elephant)




सफेद बाघ
(White Tiger)



naag





Sometimes a leaf is more fascinating than the wildlife!


ठंडा पानी
(cold water)!


No comments:

Post a Comment