Householding
It always takes a little bit of time to get used to this new
lifestyle. After being greeted by 25
mosquitoes, I finally figured out how to affix my mosquito net properly so that
I was covered but not smothering!
The kitchen was less than American standards. I was able to
find a plate rack to help with the drying of the dishes after I tackled the
jumble on the counter. Next, I tried my best to tackle the “freeze”
(refrigerator) which had not been cleaned in years. I cleaned it as best as I
could.
My daily routine is pretty simple. Wake up around 4 or 4:30,
bathe, wash my clothes, and then ride my bicycle to get breakfast at my
friend’s house. The days so far have been spent with editing my friend’s book,
visiting friends, reading, and sleeping. I usually go to bed around 8 because
if I have the windows open, the light attracts all sorts of bugs. So, I don’t
bother trying to stay up and just go to bed.
| Somewhat cleaner! |
No comments:
Post a Comment